CODARUS Represents Home Textiles, Lighting, Upholstery, Artwork, Furniture, and Accessories through our network of representatives, and at showrooms and markets across the United States.
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Finance Controller to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Corporate Finance Controller combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants. Corporate Finance Controller duties include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
The Corporate Finance Controller will oversee the the accounting of:
- CODARUS Home – Inventory accounting, warehousing, and fulfillment
- CODARUS Representation – Commission Sales
- CODARUS Showrooms – Cash and Carry / Point of Sale
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
- Proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depending on experience
Please reply with your resume answers to the following questions:
- How many years of Accounting experience do you have?
- How many years of Finance experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- How is your previous experience relevant to this role?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
- What is your expected salary range?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com